Friday, October 23, 2009

On Paparazzi

While driving home from the gym this afternoon, the song "Paparazzi" came on the radio. As I drove the length of the Meadowbrook Parkway, I listened intently to the lyrics of the song, and was legitimately creeped out by the song.

After a quick text to make sure that I wasn't the only person that found the song absolutely spine-chilling, I was instructed to view the video before actually deciding if I should file a restraining order against Lady Gaga, so that I never have to see her or her insane outfits in person.

So I watched the video.

After rocking slowly in the corner and repeating "I'm okay, I'm okay" for several minutes, I collected myself and here's my thoughts.

Very creepy video indeed.

Putting aside all of Lady Gaga's Halloween costumes she calls a wardrobe, all the murder and violence, and even the fact that she rocked on crutches (I'm not sure why though, spinal injuries aren't funny....well, I'm sure that they could be), my biggest issue with the video was this:

The guy in it. The one who is supposed to be her boyfriend.

That guy deserves a medal of honor or something for making out with that vicious girl-boy. He cupped her buttocks, kissed her, fondled her.

My toes are curling just thinking about it.

So let's hear it for Lady Gaga, and all her things that make you go "Blech."

No comments:

Post a Comment