Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Finally....

Back in November of 2006, I bought myself a beautiful little 5-disc stereo system.

It got used for the three days following the date of purchase.

Since then, not once.

But ever since the wonderful people at Dell decided to wipe my computer clean of everything on it several weeks ago, including the thousands of songs that I had on my iTunes, I have been living in a very quiet world.

Until today that is.

I spruced up that stereo, found a great place in my room for it; one that allows for optimal listening conditions. The acoustics are even great.

If this sounds a little thorough for the placement of a music playing implement, it's not. When you love music as much as I do, you can never do enough to ensure that your tunes sound the best that they can.

The first CD I played?

Hag, The Best of Merle Haggard.

And why does the music of a 72-year old country musician take paramount over all the other songs, artists, or genres in the world?

Because I love outlaw country, plain and simple.

But that's a story for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment