Tuesday, October 6, 2009

My true medium

As an English major, words are most certainly my thing.

I was asked tonight what words I hate. I then thought of words that I love as well. Here's the short list:

Words I dislike:

the "c word," penetration, hate, screw, intercourse.

Now lest you think I only am including dirty words, or ones that have that type of connotation, here's some others that are not filthy at all.

Sticky, binding, needle, shiver.

Now here's a few of my favorite words:

Swirl, advantageous, vexed, conundrum, creep.

And my all time favorite, and it has been for quite some time:

CRITTERS.

I dare you to say that out loud and not giggle. Or at least smile.

2 comments:

  1. "Kumquat." I dare you not to giggle at that.

    Also, I dare you to call people "a quat" and see how they react. Good times.

    ReplyDelete