Thursday, September 3, 2009

Paging Mr. Potter.

One of my biggest pet peeves over the course of the last few years has been the hordes of people that are in love with the man-child they call Harry Potter.

Bearing in mind that I don't have nearly the time to read the humongous textbooks that Potter author J.K. Rowling tries to pass off as novels, I was never a fan of the films either.

Then, by chance, I happened to be in my dorm room about a year and a half ago at school, and caught about ten minutes of one of the films, later finding out it was Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

Resisting temptation, I never watched the film again until about a year ago, when I finally saw Goblet of Fire in its entirety.

FML, I was hooked.

Since then, I've outwardly tried to act as if I hated the franchise, and everything it stood for.

Inside, I wished to be right there at Hogwarts with Harry, Ron and Hermione.

In fact, I think I'd have been a hell of a Quidditch player.

In addition, I feel like I would have been a valuable member of Harry's entourage. Voldemort kill me?

Good luck, you slimy looking bastard.

Let me say this though, there will never come a day where I sit down and read a Harry Potter novel. Never.

(Flash forward a number of years to the Haastile One sitting in a rocking chair reading Harry Potter to his children)

I have ordered the Potter flicks at least twice each through Netflix, find myself saying that I'd make a great wizard, and actually looking at merchandise from the franchise while I'm shopping. Things are bad.

Now that I've gushed about this enough, I feel the need to go kick my own ass.

But seeing as I can't do that, maybe I'll go brew some Polyjuice Potion and turn into someone who doesn't like Harry Potter films.

But why would I want to do that?

1 comment:

  1. "Australian Indoor-Rules Quiddich." Awesome.

    http://machall.com/view.php?date=2002-06-15

    http://dsandler.org/wp/archives/2002/07/02/australian-indoor-rules-quiddich-sic

    ReplyDelete