Sunday, September 6, 2009

A Day at the Medieval Festival

So I was startled awake this morning by my father asking me if I wanted to go to the Medieval Festival with my family. After an emphatic "Yes!" I rushed to get ready, basically inhaling a bowl of Cheerios, and we were on our way.

Things I heard/said at the Medieval Festival:

- "I'm going to the bathroom to have a sword fight...with myself." [my father]

-"Where'd she get that outfit, Ye Olde House of Juggery?" [me, about an older woman with a completely inappropriate outfit]

- "Is that a fruit cup? I LOVE fruit cups!" [medieval jousting guy, stopping his rant about jousting helmets to ask a little kid about their snack]

- "If you loved my step dancing, you can also see me Tuesday through Friday at Cheetah's." [my father, referencing a woman participating in renaissance dancing]

- "They'll ask her to join the show. She can be Lindsay, Mistress of Bitchery." [me, after one of the performers yelled at my sister for heckling him]

Things I saw at the Medieval Festival:

- a fire eater setting his leg on fire, which burned for 20-30 seconds before it was extinguished. He was later taken away in an ambulance.

- A man resembling a lawn gnome.

- obscenely large barbecued turkey legs.

- horseys!

- a guy dressed as a cross between a member of KISS and a vampire. But medieval-y.



What a day, maybe I'll go back next weekend.

But I won't be going alone. Other people need to see this ridiculousity.

Yes, I made up that word. It fits.

1 comment: