Wednesday, November 3, 2010

On Random Musings

Today was a rough day.

The daily grind is messing with my head, which is fine. But I've become moody and somewhat stand-offish, and that is not fine. I had the time to actually write today and what followed can only be described as short, but heartfelt drivel.

I admit that a lot of this will sound sappy, which is kind of against my nature, but take it for what it's worth:

-There are really only six ways to say "I'm Sorry":

1. I was wrong.
2. You were right.
3. You are everything to me.
4. Maybe, perchance, I was not right this time.
5. I would be nothing with out you.
6. I love you.

-The heart of a hopeless romantic is just that; hopeless. It withers and dies without a counterpart. Sometimes being hopeless together is the only kind of hope that there is.

-Mistakes are meant to be made. Without them, there would be no reason to become a better person. No one is perfect, but the mistakes are there to be corrected. It gives life a reason.

-It is impossible to be perfect, but the biggest imperfection that a person can have is believing that they are, in fact, perfect.

-Depending on the moment, "insecurity" can be the most alluring trait a person can have. It also can be a beautiful word, given the right circumstances.

-Without take, there can be no give (and yes, I realize how fucking stupid that sounds).

- Some people get by simply on beauty or charm. Others rely on hatred or self loathing. The key to life is a happy medium between the two. A true "meet in the middle" relationship.

At this point, the "inspiration" was lost. But I get the feeling that it won't be far away from now on. Something changed today. Something clicked. I once again feel like I can be entertaining. And I say that despite the fact that most of what I have just written was sanctimonious bullshit.

It happens to us all.

Even the great ones had an off day.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry you had a rough day. However, I enjoyed reading this. Remember, strive to make your life "uncomplicated". It works for me.-AD

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one of the most talented writers that I have ever met. Despite everything, don't lose sight of how great others think you are. Things will turn around. They always do.
    -M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep the blogs comin

    ReplyDelete