Wednesday, November 17, 2010

On The Moon

Before anyone gets too excited, no, I have not relocated to that shiny round orb in the sky that we call the moon.

Instead, as I was sitting on my front stoop this evening, in a creepy, but not too creepy manner, enjoying this cool and windy night, I was at once overwhelmed by the calmness that enveloped me.

I'm a pretty intense guy, this is no secret. I'm an in-your-face, take no prisoners type of dude. In other words, at times, there's no living with me.

My famous "beach runs," and long drives in the car are normally what calm me down when the world seems too hectic. But sitting under the moon tonight was eye opening in a way that only a late night staring contest with an enormous semi-circle can be.

The downside to this discovery however, it that it's mid-November and sitting outside in New York weather is soon going to be quite prohibitive. In fact, it should have been that way weeks ago, but due to that glorious concept of global warming, it's still, like 60 degrees outside.

Take that Mother Nature!

Or maybe I can blame it on the economy. Or the terrorists.

Whatever the reason, I'll take the calm while I still can. Because before long, I'll be back to complaining about the stupidity of life and/or the other existential crises that I encounter on a daily basis.

1 comment: