Friday, November 12, 2010

On My Cranium

Caution: What you are about to read will make me sound like a madman. I assure that I have not lost my mind, no matter how this particular blog comes across.
Anyone who knows me can tell you that I do not possess the ability to "shut off my brain." A lot of people can simply block out their thoughts, or pretend to, and just let their own thoughts consume them.

I can't do it. I've never been able to. And I wasn't even one of those kids that people always called a "dreamer." I don't even have a very active imagination.

But here's the thing; it's getting to a critical point. There's a lot of thoughts floating around in this head. And the two concussions (possibly three, but two are documented) that I've sustained in the past year don't help matters either. If anything, they're making things worse. The daily headaches don't help either.

But if anything positive can come of this situation, it's this: I have never felt more creative. Ideas are pouring out of me at a rapid pace. At least three book ideas have taken shape, and are in the works.

I plan on calling on a dear friend if I ever need illustrations. I wish that I could say that it was Jim Davis of Garfield fame, but he won't return my phone calls.

Ok, I haven't even called him.

No comments:

Post a Comment