Tuesday, June 15, 2010

On Lulls

It's been awhile since I've gotten around to casually tossing around my musings in print form, so here's a few things that have been dominating my thoughts recently.

My job requires me to spend long hours in a moving vehicle. And other than the nagging back pain that it causes, I actually enjoy it. There's nothing like a deserted interstate at 4 a.m. to get my mind a-flowing. It's not so much that I've had creative ideas, but I've never felt more in control of my sometimes raging thoughts as when I"m traveling seventy miles per hour in a brand new car.

And driving a Camaro just makes me feel like such a badass. It also makes me a huge target for bored law enforcement officers. But so far, so good.

Overall, I've decided that there's a few things that I need to change. First and foremost, I have to stop caring about the little things, and focus more on the big picture. Be it love, life or the pursuit of happiness, seeing things on a grand scale has suddenly allowed me some clarity. Some things seem so easy given that perspective.

Second, I need to get my ass back to the gym. I used to be cute. Now I'm getting doughy. I'm changing that ASAP.

Third, I need to keep on top of my writing. With every passing day, I felt like I was losing a step. Even now I feel kind of hokey and cliched. I'm coming back stronger tomorrow, and by weeks end, I should be unstoppable.

Friday night will be a night of debauchery, so look for a fantastic entry then. But check in before then and watch me regain my strength.

Later kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment