Tuesday, December 8, 2009

On The Christmas Spirit

I generally try to resist getting into the groove of the Christmas spirit for as long as I possibly can. When I went to the mall a week after Halloween and saw Santa entertaining a long line of children, I nearly had a meltdown.

I heard White Christmas on the radio in July. I know that it was a joke, but it still caused my blood to boil momentarily.However, the lights are now up on my house, the cards have begun to arrive and presents have now officially been purchased.

I found myself crooning along to Elvis as he sang about a Blue Christmas on my way home from the gym today.

I looked in wonderment at some of the decorations on the homes around mine.

I had a thought today that seeing the tree in Rockefeller Center would be the highlight of my month.

So despite all of my resistance, it's official:

It's going to be a Haastile Christmas indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment